Every player must read and understand the server rules.
The rules can be found on the forums at forum.sa-mp.im.
Rulebreakers cannot always be dealt with in-game, you can report players at sa-mp.im > Server > Report a player.
Remember to take screenshots and describe the situation as detailed as possible!
(2) What is Happy Hour and when does it happen?
Happy Hour is a special feature that benefits everyone with double RPoints, Interests and no taxes at all during the Paycheck when this feature is on. It happens whenever a Head Administrator
or above thinks it's a Happy Hour, and generally it is enabled on weekends or special days/hours.
(3) How can I get a driver license?
Use /gps to locate the DMV (Licensing Center).
Drive to the checkpoint and enter the building, use /driverlic command in order to get the driving test.
You'll be given a white Stafford on the side of the building and asked to follow a set of checkpoints, remember to obey the instructions carefully and not miss any of them.
Good luck, apprentice!
(4) Where do I buy a phone?
You can buy a phone at any 24/7 shop, use /buy to trace one that's near you.
(5) How to obtain guns?
You can either buy some legally from any legal gun-shop scattered all around Los Santos.
Or purchase materials / weapons from a dealer who's selling the stuff. It's all about your own creativity as to how you can find a dealer through In Character ways.
To buy from a legal gunshop, you need a valid weapon license/firearms permit.
You can get a valid firearms permit by applying at sa-mp.im/profile/weapon-license
(6) Why is a specific helper/admin ignoring me?
They're probably busy. Try contacting another helper or admin or use /ask and /irc. You should also state your issue, and not just /ask "Help" or /irc "Come here".
(7) How do I join the police?
Go on forum.sa-mp.im and then head to the "San Andreas Police Academy" sub-board and compose your application over there, don't forget to fill it out carefully and put in as much as effort you can.
You can also attend one of their live recruitment sessions.
Consult the SAPD for more additional information.
(8) How much does a firearms license cost?
The total cost is $500.000, it gets automatically taken by you when your application has been accepted.
(9) How can I change my clothes/skin?
You can change your clothes at any clothes shop with the command /clothes. To find the nearest opened in-stock clothes shop, use /clothes.
(10) How to join a faction?
You can join factions by roleplaying with their members and you may get invited
or you can apply for the faction if they have an application-based recruitment system. Legal factions also regularly host so-called live recruitment sessions.
(11) How can I create an OOC group?
In order to create a group, use /groupcreate [NameOfTheGroup]. It costs $200,000!
Remember that this chat, /g, is entirely OOC!
Use /grouphelp for more information about groups!
(12) How to find the bank or an ATM machine?
To find the nearest bank, use /bank. And to find the nearest ATM machine type /loan, /deposit or /withdraw.
(13) How do I report a player who broke a rule?
There are two ways.
- You can forum report here: sa-mp.im/server/report-player, fill out the application and click submit!
- You can use /report [ID/PartOfName] [reason] in-game.
- Forum reporting is sometimes more effective when admins are busy in-game.
- Make sure you have enough evidence of a player breaking a specific rule. (screenshot, video etc.)
(14) How do I change the color(s) of my car?
Use /locate in-game, then choose 'Pay 'n Spray' and head to the checkpoint marked on the map.
Type /car respray [Color Number] [Color Number] infront of the PnS or, for a paint job you type /car paintjob [ID] [ID] (ID's 0-3).
Use /colorlist to find the IDs of colors.
(15) Where can I buy my first car?
Type the the command /gps and then select "Newbie Dealership" in the dialog. When you reach the checkpoint, use the /buy at the business icon to purchase a car.
(16) How do I join the staff?
Helper: Exemplary and helpful behaviour. Helper applications occasionally open.
Administrator: The management picks trustworthy and hardworking players to become admins. There's no exact procedure to become an admin.
(17) How to change my password?
Use /changepass in-game to change your password.
(18) How to change my name?
You can change your name by using /changemyname [New_Name]. Each name change consumes one so-called namechange. You can check your namechanges by typing /stats.
You can get a namechange either by donating or when you reached 40 hours playtime (you'll get one for free as a reward). Level 1-3 players can request a name change in /ask.
(19) How do I make an advertisement?
Type the command /ad, then type your advertisement in the dialog that will pop up. Advertisements are strictly IC. Refrain from mentioning illegal items in /ad, this is forbidden. Be creative!
For company advertisements, use /cad.
For priority advertisements, use /prad.
(20) What is roleplaying?
Roleplaying basically is basically acting. As a player of a roleplaying server, you need to act as if you were the character in real life.
This is not difficult at all as you all live normal lives, just take what you do in your normal life and alter it to your character's lifestyle. For example: if your character is named John_Doe, you roleplay as John_Doe.
Everything John_Doe does is in character.
(21) What is IC?
IC is an abbreviation for "In Character" which means all the things you do as your character.
Because we're in a roleplaying environment, think of your character as an alive person. Only do/say/act the way you would in real life IC because its the whole point of making any Role-Play environment more fun.
For Example; Saying things in character would be like:
"Excuse me, do you know where i could find a place to rent cars?"
Check the Newbie Guides on the forums to view more information about roleplaying.
(22) What is OOC?
OOC is an abbreviation for "Out of Character", which is the person behind the computer/laptop playing the game.
To talk to people OOC, you must use the /b command which will bring up brackets to show its OOC, directing it to the person behind the screen and not the player in character.
Check the Newbie Guides on the forums to view more information about roleplaying.
(23) How do I contact an admin or helper?
To contact admins or helpers, use the /irc command.
To ask server or community related questions, please use /ask.
Remember to ask your questions directly: "/irc My vehicle is bugged [CAR ID]" instead of "/irc help admin come to me!".
(24) How do I get my first job?
Type /helpme to find all the jobs.
Legal jobs are available at City hall, to find it, use /gps and then select City hall in the dialog.
(25)What is the scam and/or rob limit?
- $200,000 cash
- 2,000 weapon crafting materials
- 50 grams of drugs total (any type)
- If a house locker is found open, you may steal all of its' contents.
- Scamming is not allowed under any circumstances. This includes scamming house, vehicles and illegal materials such as guns and drugs.
(26) How can I see the online staff?
Use /admins to see all the admins or helpers who are currently in-game.
(27) What is deathmatching (DM)?
Deathmatching is killing another player without a valid In Character reason, this is strictly forbidden. Minor insults or OOC arguments for example are not accepted reasons to kill and will be considered deathmatching.
It should be noted that Spawn Killing is also considered DM. Killing newbies is a bannable offense.
(28) What is revenge-killing (RK)?
Revenge killing is, as the name suggests, returning to the person who killed you. Returning to place of death is considered RK.
ONLY Law enforcement officers (PD and SASF) may return after 10 minutes have passed. This is not considered acceptable behavior under any circumstances, even if you're killing someone that deatmatched you.
An example of revenge-killing is when a player kills or tries to kill the player than has killed them during a previous conflict without any IC justification.
(29) What is power-gaming (PG)?
Power-gaming means to roleplay in a way that is very unrealistic or unfair in any given situation. Forcing roleplay on other players, i.e. not letting them respond to your actions, is also considered power-gaming. Using a phone or laptop during a gunfight or while being cuffed/tied/unconcious is also considered severe power-gaming.
An example is when you roleplay impossible things such as lifting a car.
(30) What is meta-gaming (MG)?
Meta-gaming is mixing or using Out of Character information for In Character purposes.
Both are strictly prohibited
An example of meta-gaming would be to read the name tag a player you have never met and calling their character's name IC.
(31) What is driver drive-by (DDB)?
Driver drive-by can be both parking a vehicle on top of another player or shooting with a weapon from the driver seat. Neither of them are allowed on this server and those who do it will be punished strictly.
(32) What is quit or force timeout to avoid death, arrest or roleplay?
It is not acceptable under any circumstances to use /kill or /q to avoid roleplay (this includes arrests) or death. In addition, once you are killed you may not use any method whatsoever to avoid the kill list.
(33) What is heal/re-armor in gunfights?
Players are not allowed to heal in fights through any means other than the use of drugs. A player may heal only when it is clear they have escaped their enemy. This offence is easily traceable through logs.
(34) How do I register my vehicle?
Type /gps and head to the driver license area (near the All Saints Hospital). If you face the building, head west and turn around the corner! You can register your car with the command /car register.
(35) How do I tune my vehicle?
To tune a vehicle, you have 3 transfenders which do the job. You can locate the transfeders which suits your vehicle by using the command /car mod. Examples given below.
-Temple Transfender (Next to PNS - Most Cars)
-San Fierro (Ocean Flats - Sultan, Elegy, Stratum & Jester)
Make sure you use /car savemod when you're done tuning your car!
(36) Can I obtain a firearms license?
Apply online at sa-mp.im/profile/weapon-license
Fill out the application and submit it.
Remember that the application is completely In-Character!
(37) What are RPoints and what can be done with them?
RPoints are respect points. Every paytime (they come hourly), your RPoint will increase by one.
You can see your RPoints in /stats. Once you acquire enough RPoints, you will level up.
You can see people's levels by pressing tab on your keyboard, and by checking the 'scores'.
(38) How can I get a garage?
Looking for a garage for your house?
There are two options:
1) Manually request a garage:
- A garage must be set by a basic admin.
- In order to receive one, you must have a potential garage door.
- Do NOT upgrade your garage without having an actual garage first.
2) Purchase a house that ALREADY has a garage.
(39) My vehicle is lost, how can I find it?
Is your vehicle bugged? Or just lost in a garage? If you've just bought a new vehicle and you can't find it, use the command /car find [Vehicle ID] and a marker will pop at your radar, vehicle's location.
If your vehicle is stuck inside a locked garage, use the command /car forceout [vehicle ID] to get it out of the garage.
No succes? Use /irc or /ask and ask for an admin to help you out. Make sure you provide the vehicle ID (find it with /car spawn or /myvehicles).
(40) What is ban evading?
Ban evading is when you have been IP banned by an admin, and you change your IP address (on purpose) to keep playing on the server.
Ban evading is strictly forbidden.
If you have been caught evading, you will NEVER be unbanned. It is always better to appeal instead of starting to evade.
Note that an account SUSPENSION/BAN allows you to make a new account. An IP-ban does not.
(41) Where do I buy a toolkit? (used to break into a vehicle)
At any in-stock Hardware store. To find the nearest one, type /hardware.
(42) Where can I find the Newbie Guides?
Wondering how to get drugs? How to get materials? Feel free to visit the guides section on the forums!
Head to forum.sa-mp.im > Help & Questions > Newbie Guides
(43) How do levels and paytimes work?
Every full hour, you will receive your paytime. This includes: your paycheck, job payment, faction payment, interests, and RPoints, taxes and rent.
You level up by gaining RPoints. You can see how many you require by using /stats.
When you're Level 15, you have the ability to /name off (hides your name) & you have to pay to tow your cars - /car tow [ID].
You have to play 30 minutes in order to receive your paytime, use /stats to see your PTstatus.
(44) Can I return to the place where I died?
You are not allowed to return to the location where you died, unless the situation has cleared. This does not apply for LEO's. (SAPD and SASF).
They may return when 10 minutes have passed. Before responding to a backup call, make sure you're not returning to the same situation. Returning to the place of death will be punished.
Make sure you're not joining in the same wave once you died. Allies may be responding to the previous backup.
(45) How can I get (weapon) materials?
You can buy materials from other players in order to make yourself a gun. Materials are made from lead and metal which are combined in a warehouse (owned by an illegal faction). There is no way for civilians to craft weapon materials.
There is no consistent market price for the materials.
Please refrain from mentioning items like weapons or weapon materials in advertisements.
(46) Can I hide items in eg. my house?
The most common excuse to save your weapon license is often invalid.
In order to hide for example drugs, materials or licenses in your house:
- You need a screenshot of the roleplay when you hide the item.
- It must be recent and chronological valid.
(You cannot use the item, while having it stored or it will be considered invalid.)
For example: You can't hide a weapon license and buy an M4 afterwards. The screenshot will then become invalid.
(47) How can I avoid scam?
Here are some simple tips you can bear in mind when trading an item:
- Do NOT pay before you've came to an agreement with both parties.
- Make sure you're fully focusing on the deal. Avoid situations like: "I didn't see ..."
- If you have been scammed, make sure you have a screenshot of the agreement and the transaction.
- If you ever get scammed, you will NOT be refunded! The scammer will get banned though.
(48) How much is a ... worth?
There's no specific, stable market price of certain vehicles, houses or businesses. The prices are regulated in character by supply and demand.
Please do not ask helpers or admins for vehicle prices!
(49) How to remove my accessory?
Go to a clothes shop (/clothes) and type /acc [1/2/3] to remove the accessory in the preferred slot. If you want to remove it temporary, you can use the command /acctog [1/2/3].
(50) How to change my ethnicity?
Get a namechange and use /changemyname. There's no other way to change it.
Namechanges are available for purchase on our website.
(51) How do I (de)spawn my vehicle?
In order to spawn your vehicle when you log in, use /car spawn. You can also have one vehicle which will be automatically spawned
when you log in by writing /car autospawn [Vehicle ID].
If you want to despawn your vehicle, use the command /car spawn and click the vehicle you want to despawn.
You can have 2 vehicles spawned at the same time unless you donate for more car spawn slots.
(52) What can civilians and alliances do during wars?
Allied factions are allowed to help; for example they can give dupes of businesses, houses, vehicles or materials or drugs, but anything else is strictly forbidden.
Interfering in gunfights / getaways is NOT allowed under any circumstances. (exceptions to the rule are if non-warring factions take turfs of warring factions) CIVILIANS are NOT allowed to help in ANY case.
Any direct attack from allies is not allowed but they are allowed to take turfs or rob warring factions.
You are ALLOWED to;
- Look for job occupation on advertisements with legit words.
- Buy / sell stuff freely (always put decent effort in your advertisements, do not twaddle and describe yourself well).
- Advertise illegal stuff in a smart way (e.g. "looking for bulk white pillows");
it's allowed according to the ruleset, HOWEVER, bear in mind that Law Enforcement Agencies are always on-watch.
You are NOT allowed to;
- Use Out of Character terms / phrases (e.g. "looking for faction" or "i need admin")
- Advertise trash stuff / troll (e.g. "let's dance, come on go high").
- Advertise illegal stuff openly (e.g. "buying guns, drugs, bombs").
(54) How to get a checkpoint/red marker back?
Use /mycp > choose a checkpoint > click on trace
(55) How do I scrap my vehicle?
You can scrap it in-game and you will get 25 percent of the vehicle price at the dealership (/car scrap > go to the red marker > use /car scrap).
You can scrap it on the website (sa-mp.im/server/online-scrapyard).
Note: once your vehicle is scrapped, you won't get it back.
(56) How do I break the cuffs of my friend?
You need a cuff pick to break the cuffs. You can buy a cuff pick from a hardware store (/hardware > go to the red marker > get inside the store > use /buy).
After buying a cuff pick, go near your friend and use /breakcuffs
(57) How to be a casino dealer?
You have to apply on the forum to be a casino dealer (forum.sa-mp.im/viewforum.php?f=159)
(58) How to refuel my vehicle?
You can refuel your vehicle at a gas station (use /locate > choose gas station > go to the red marker > use /engine > get out of/off your vehicle > use /refuel).
You can buy a gas canister from a gas station (must be open and in-stock) to refuel your vehicle (/refuel).
You can call a mechanic to refuel your vehicle for you (/service mechanic).
(59) How to fix my vehicle?
You can fix your vehicle at a pay n spray business (/locate > choose pay n spray > go to the red marker > use /engine > use /car fix).
You can call a mechanic to fix your vehicle for your (/service mechanic).
You can respawn your vehicle (/car tow).
(60) How to sell my vehicle?
You can put your vehicle on the sale at the car lot (/car sell) and other players may buy it.
You can make advertisements and sell your vehicle to someone (/car psell).
You can make an auction for your vehicle in San-Bay section on the forum (forum.sa-mp.im/viewforum.php?f=33).
(61) How can i hide my nametag? (/name off)
You will be able to hide your name tag when you reach Level 15 or by donating to the server. The command is /name off
For more infos visit: http://sa-mp.im/profile/premium
(62) How can I buy a house?
You can make advertisements regarding this and maybe an owner of a house will call you.
You can find the current houses on-sale here: sa-mp.im/server/house-real-estate
You can donate to get a house claim or buy one for in-game money to place a house wherever you want. However, the place of the house must be realistic.
You can make advertisements regarding this and maybe an owner of a business will call you.
You can find the current businesses on-sale here: sa-mp.im/server/businesses-for-sale
Check San-Bay auctions regarding businesses here: forum.sa-mp.im/viewforum.php?f=324
(64) Where can I find pictures of house interiors?
(65) How to call a taxi or a mechanic?
- To call a taxi driver, use /service taxi
- To call a mechanic, use /service mechanic
(66) How to trace a house or a business?
To trace a house, use /tracehouse [house ID]
To trace a business, use /tracebiz [business ID]
(67) When will I receive my job payment?
You receive your job payment at the paytime. Paytime comes every full hour. Your job payment goes directly to your bank account.
(68) How to change my forum name?
You must be a premium member (donator) to be able to change your forum account name.
Change your forum account name here: forum.sa-mp.im/ucp.php?i=profile&mode=reg_details
(69) How to unimpound my vehicle?
/gps > choose impound lot > go to the red marker > use /car unimpound. Contact PD if needed.
(70) How to change my spawn place?
You can rent at a rent-able house and you will spawn there when you die/come in-game.
(71) How to stop tracing a checkpoint?
(72) Where can I report a bug?
You can report a bug here: forum.sa-mp.im/viewforum.php?f=18
(73) How to check on-duty casino dealers?
Use /dealers to find the current on-duty casino dealers.
(74) How to tow a vehicle with a tow truck?
You must be a mechanic with at least 100 job-skills (/jobstats). Press left CTRL.
Exception: PD, SASF and Government members can tow with a tow truck even if they aren't mechanics.
(75) How to change my car's wheels?
/car wheels > go to the red marker > use /car wheels
(76) How to add nitro to my car?
/car nitro > go to the red marker > use /car nitro
(77) How to add hydraulics to my car?
/car hydraulics > go to the red marker > use /car hydraulics
(78) How to add a GPS to my vehicle?
Use /car gps (it costs $600.000). Once you install a GPS to your vehicle, you will be able to trace it even if it's occupied.
(79) How to upgrade my vehicle's alarm?
Use /car alarm upgrade
Level 1: vehicle horn, local message (it costs $250.000)
Level 2: vehicle horn, local message, SMS to the owner (it costs $750.000)
Level 3: vehicle horn, local message, SMS to the owner, SMS to the PD (it costs $1.500.000)
(80) How to change my phone number?
You have to get a number change. You can either donate to get a number change or buy one for in-game money. Once you get a number change, use /changemynumber
(81) How can I heal?
You can heal inside an open house (/heal). Remember that not all of the houses contain vest system (armor)
You can buy an armor inside an ammunation. However, you must have a weapon license to be able to buy.
(82) How to restock a business?
Go to the business and use /biz > choose settings > choose restock > order components.
After ordering components, you will receive a red marker where you have to go to rent a van (Benson/Boxville) and buy components from there.
After arriving to the rental vans place, get in a van and rent it (/rentcar - it costs $5.000 to rent one). After renting a van, you will have to buy components (/buycomps).
After buying components , go back to your business to sell the components (/sellcomps).
(1) You must (be the owner of the business/have the key along with permission to restock) to be able to restock the business.
(2) The person doing the restocking process will pay 85% of the current component price and sells them for 100% of the components price to the business. This means there's a 15% profit for whoever restocking the business.
(83) How to spawn a pack of vehicles?
Add your vehicles to the pack. To add vehicles to the pack, use /car spawnpack toggle <vehicle ID>
After adding your vehicles to the pack, use /car spawn > choose custom - to spawn your pack of vehicles
/car spawnpack toggle
/car spawnpack list
(84) What's the localisation device?
You can use this device to send a backup (red marker) to your faction mates.
/fbk (used by everyone)
/bk (used by PD, SASF and Government)
/em (used by PD, SASF and Government)
(85) What are the public places?
You're not allowed to rob/kidnap someone at the following places.
Note: Paintjob will be removed once your car gets respawned.
(94) How to hide my accessory temporarily?
Use /acctog [accessory slot] - to hide your accessory. If you want to get it back, use /acctog [accessory slot] again.
(95) How to refuel a vehicle at a Gas Station?
/locate > Gas Station to set a marker on your minimap to the closest Gas Station.
/engine to turn off the engine of your vehicle.
Get out of your vehicle and type /refuel
Wait there, do not move or get inside your vehicle untill you get a message saying that your vehicle got refilled.
(96) How do I get drugs?
You can buy drugs from other players or produce them at a drug lab.
To produce drugs you must first find out the lab's location and gain access to it, in-character.
Do not ask helpers/administrators where the drug labs are.
(97) How can I restock my gas station?
Go to the Recycling Center (/gps > Recycling Center) to get the truck (Flatbed).
Get in the truck and buy fuel (/buyfuel).
Go to your gas station and sell the fuel (/sellfuel).
(1) It costs money to buy fuel.
(2) It doesn't cost any money to be able to drive the truck (Flatbed).